Almond Butter Tofu Bowls
with Charred Zucchini & Bok Choy
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- ¾ cup sushi rice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 oz fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp turbinado sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp chile garlic sauce (divided)
- 1 zucchini, trimmed and sliced into half moons
- 6 oz baby bok choy, roughly chopped
- 13 oz organic extra firm tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1 radish, trimmed and cut into matchsticks
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not Included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition
Add sushi rice, 1¼ cups water, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until water is absorbed and rice is tender, 15 to 18 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2½ cups water)
Add garlic, just 2 tsp ginger, almond butter, tamari, turbinado sugar, sesame oil, just 1 tbsp chile garlic sauce, and 2 tbsp warm water to a medium bowl. Whisk the almond butter sauce until smooth. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp ginger, 2 tbsp chile garlic sauce, 4 tbsp warm water) TIPS: Keep any remaining ginger for your own use. Add more chile garlic sauce if you prefer.
Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add zucchini and cook until charred in places, 3 to 5 minutes. Add baby bok choy and cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle vegetables with salt and pepper, and transfer to a plate. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil)
Return the large nonstick skillet to medium-high heat and add 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Cut tofu into bite-size cubes. Add cubed tofu to the skillet and cook until crispy in places, 3 to 5 minutes. Add almond butter sauce and cook another 2 to 3 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 2 tbsp vegetable oil) TIP: You may need to work in batches if making the 4-serving meal.
Divide rice between bowls and top with almond butter tofu and charred vegetables. Serve with radish matchsticks and any remaining chile garlic sauce on the side. Bon appétit!