Kimchi Sweet Potato Collard Wraps
with Roasty Mushrooms & Spicy Cashew Dip
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- 2 sweet potatoes, each cut into 6 wedges
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 6 oz collard greens, stems trimmed
- 1 tbsp gochujang
- ½ cup cashews, soaked in ⅓ cup warm water
- 1 oz rice vinegar
- ½ tbsp agave
- 2.8 oz vegan cabbage kimchi, roughly chopped
- 1 cucumber, cut into 2-inch sticks
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Add sweet potato, just half the garlic, 2 tbsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to a baking sheet, and toss. Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and move sweet potatoes to one side of the baking sheet. Add mushrooms, 2 tsp vegetable oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the other side of the baking sheet, and toss. Roast until sweet potatoes and mushrooms are tender and golden brown, another 10 to 12 minutes. (4-serving meal: use 4 tbsp vegetable oil, 4 tsp vegetable oil)
Bring a large skillet with 2 inches salted water to a boil for the collard greens. Once the water is boiling, add the collard green leaves, and press to submerge. Cook until bright green and pliable, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain greens, rinse with cold water, and pat dry.
Add remaining garlic, gochujang, cashews and soaking water, rice vinegar, and agave to a blender. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary. Taste, and add salt and pepper as necessary.
Add kimchi and cucumber to a small bowl and toss to combine.
Place 1 collard green leaf (or 2 if they’re small, allowing them to overlap) on a clean surface. Top with sweet potatoes, mushrooms, and cucumber kimchi. Roll, pressing to seal the wrap. Cut the roll in half. Repeat for the second roll. TIP: Don’t overstuff the wraps, as they will be difficult to roll.
Divide the kimchi sweet potato collard wraps between plates. Serve any remaining spicy cashew dip, sweet potatoes, or cucumber kimchi on the side. Tuck in!