with BBQ Sauce & Sesame Asparagus
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated (divided)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 8 oz shredded green cabbage
- 1 oz fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 6 oz asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp tuxedo sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 2 tbsp Bali BBQ Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp vegetable oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Add flour, ¾ cup water, and a pinch of salt to a large bowl, and whisk. Add scallion whites, garlic, carrot, and green cabbage. Stir to combine. (The batter will be very thick.)
Heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir the batter, and add half of it to the skillet. Spread batter into a ½-inch thick pancake and lower heat to medium-low. Cook until the bottom is browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with salt. Repeat with remaining batter.
Return skillet to medium-high heat with 1 tsp vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, add ginger and asparagus. Cook, tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and a pinch of salt.
Divide the okonomiyaki between large plates and drizzle with mayo and Bali BBQ sauce. Top with as much Sriracha as you’d like. Sprinkle with scallion greens and serve with sesame asparagus. Tuck in!