with Melted Summer Squash & Basil
View Full Nutrition Label
Get Recipes Delivered
- 1 yellow squash, trimmed and sliced into half moons
- 1 zucchini, trimmed and sliced into half moons
- 10 oz fresh gnocchi
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 lemon, half juiced, half cut into wedges (divided)
- 3 tbsp vegan parmesan
- ½ oz fresh basil, leaves picked from the stems
- 2 oz roasted tomatoes
- 1 tsp Aleppo pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil*
- Salt and pepper*
- *Not included
- Ingredients are listed for 2 servings. If you're making 4 servings, please double your ingredients by using both meal kit bags provided.
- For full ingredient list, see Nutrition.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the gnocchi. Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add yellow squash and zucchini and cook until lightly browned in places, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook until squash softens and breaks down, another 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer the melted summer squash to a bowl. (4-serving meal: use 4 tsp olive oil) TIP: Work in batches for the 4-serving meal. We will use this skillet again in a later step.
Add gnocchi to the large pot of boiling water and cook until they float, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain boiled gnocchi and shake to remove excess water.
Return the large nonstick skillet to medium-high heat and add garlic and butter. When butter is melted, add boiled gnocchi and cook, undisturbed, until browned in places, 2 to 4 minutes. Add melted summer squash and stir to combine. Remove skillet from heat and add lemon juice and parmesan.
Divide the parmesan gnocchi with melted summer squash between bowls. Top with basil leaves, roasted tomatoes, and as much of the Aleppo pepper as you’d like. Serve with lemon wedges. Dig in!